Wednesday 10 July 2013

144 Days - 167 Poems - 21 Posts (Poem 33)

Hello my Readers,

Tonight's poem is inspired about what I discovered of myself today.
There is a phrase that I dread much, and from time to time it comes
haunting, but today I discovered a new angle of it; People -Pleaser!

Over the past month and half, I had to make few choices of letting
so many things that I had embraced; tonight I discovered while talking
it through that at times to embrace too much can also be a sign of
being a people-pleaser. Shocker!!!

I am indeed pleased I released myself of so many responsilibities, and
chose to focus on doing few things well. A professor of mine once
said: "There are times in life we are so busy serving God everywhere
that we forget to serve him with the very things He has entrusted us with".
So tonight's poem is a self acknowledgement, concise, haiku styled on
a few layers, repetitive.I am happy to be dedicating time to poetry again ...

Tonight I look at myself through the mirror of my writings, and
refuse to excuse myself.


Countdown: 144 Days -167 poems- 21 Weeks

I must now go and rest, as I am still recovering.

Good night and thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment