Thursday 25 July 2013

129 Days - 147 Poems - 19 Posts (Poem 53)

Dear Readers,

today's poem is inspired by our Father in the Lord, Pope Francis, to the young Argentinians in the large Cathedral of St Sebastian. It was a short speech, yet very empowering in making all of us realize that the two groups that are marginalized in society today are the young people and the elders. I liked when he asked that we shake the church, that to believe in Christ is to make noise ... Beautiful, real and deep.

Address to Young Argentinians

Today as well, he visited the slums of Varginha , empowering words spoken to the families living there, and finally later on, he was welcomed by the young people at Copacaban where he also addressed us. I must confess that you will not read from me over the next three for I myself will partake in the rest of the pilgrimage from tomorrow on in our city. Permit me to immerse myself fully as well that I may update you on Monday again on the riches gained, and the mortifications offered.

Countdown: 129 Days -147 Poems - 19 Weeks/Poems left to post.

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment