Tuesday 30 July 2013

124 Days - 142 Poems - 19 Posts (Poem 58)

Dear Readers,

Today's Poem is inspired by something that has been puzzling me for a while. The more it puzzles me, the more my eyes open, and the more I am aware of how unaware we are of it.  Maybe I mentioned this before but my favorite verse in the
Scriptures is Luke 2:19 "As for Mary, she treasured all these things and pondered them in her heart". Every January 1st, I eagerly look forward to hear these words repeated in the Gospel.

Why am I mentioning it? I had often seen pondering as reflecting, digesting situations like Queen Esther before speaking up. I often believe that there is power in a woman and a man who seek to understand before reacting. We may not always be successful, but it is worth the try.

Nowadays, the more I have become allergic to gossiping, the more my eyes open. The more they open the more I am allergic to gossiping, and the more I have come to comprehend another angle of Luke 2:19, and why there is so much about the tongue in the Old Testament - we must strive to not have a loose tongue - whether men and/or women.

It is incredible how much is done with the tongue - I have always believed that it is the one member of the body who commits crimes for which it never goes to jail.

The tongue is powerful - use it to bless yourself and others. Stay away from wishing yourself ill or to be more direct from cursing yourself and/or others.


I am still recovering from this weekend's retreat but will surely post the poem picked this week by a Blessed soul.

Countdown: 124 Days - 142 Poems - (18 Weeks / 19 posts).


No comments:

Post a Comment