Tuesday 21 March 2017

Stripped Delusion



Stripped Delusion
It is delusion to rely on a horse for safety,
for all its power it cannot save.-Ps.33:17
1
Contractions of her memories commenced.
Catalogued pictures formerly honey-condensed
rotated quickly rapidly anxieties distresses she heaved
grieving the deceitful steps of ballroom lovers misperceived.

Where did time get a handshake poisoned?
Ordering actors’ guilty meals served to a past tired
of contentious minds winter’s abusive fights confessed
to street corpses in the linens of my life sorrowful alas retired.

2
Pity oh pity, in misery shouted…
Pleading my internal idols retreated
shipping pretty illusions castles amassed
to Sheol whose counsels fallacies my all grilled.

The limping sky screening how valued

my windows of hope have the truth desired
as I modeled Spring away for designers self named
until Gregorian chants my heart to the arms of God transferred.

3
O victorious music! my soul has listened
as you rescued me from the path disgraced
transporting me to adore the Sacrament blessed.
O unworthy me! Like Samuel my archived name called.

O wondrous day! my wastrels washed
my violent manners encouraged glorified.
Anew I walk stroll gracefully fiercely restored
genuinely magnificently as a Lady of virtues clothed.

4
O Summer of life renewed.
Adieu my delusions beloved
Here kneeling in thanksgiving forever stripped
I am of my illusions pour toujours in the ocean drowned

O Shining Mount Sinai, on your ground I stand resurrected
Perceiving the struggles ahead hopeful I am comforted
Dancers of the past my cheek their hands lured
Visions I hold firm of my life transfigured.


©Fanny Magnificat - For more poetry, join me and let us learn to keep 'Making Wise History'. Stop by the gift shop for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment