Thursday 31 December 2015

Welcome 2016 !!!

Every year, I long to hear these words during the Eucharist celebration of January 1st:

 "As for Mary, she treasured all these things and pondered them in her heart.

Whomever asks for my favorite, one-liner biblical verse knows that even if you pinch me at night in my dreams, I will cite Luke 2:19. 
This year again, I have the privilege to hear it. It always resonates differently in my ears. It is incredible how Our Lady didn't brag when the shepherds narrated to her what the angel had told them. She just listens, and she ponders. It is so bizarre because with Elizabeth, she bursted open the Magnificat. She doesn't say; 'Yah, indeed my Son is God, etc...' No, she ponders. 

If it was I, I would have been like: 'Really? Praise The Lord! Halelluja! My Beloved (talking about Joseph) you see? You see? Our God is good now! Ha! Our sufferings are not wasted! I wish the people who did not give us a place could hear this. Ha! Praise the Lord. People of God, dance with me now! God is mighty! Please my shepherds, tell me more... details for details. Repeat line for line, yadaddi yadadda... etc...
hehe! Yeah, that would have probably been me. Nay! She remains quiet, and every year I am reminded of that precious gift of hers. For me, it has become a season of learning about timing; When do I speak? and when do I speak not? Who do I talk to? and who do I withhold from? How much details do I give? Is this the right time? It is an art. Whenever I face this, I remember the Scripture 'Be Still and know that I am God' (ps. 46.10)
This is serious exercise for me, because I love to share God's wonders in my life...  On the other hand, I began to learn the consequences of sharing before God's time. It bothered me so much that I began to wonder why Our lady kept to herself for 33 years that her Son is divine. So I been learning the art of pondering! That pondering gift of hers worked me, works me, and probably will for the rest of my days. So here we are again... January 1st,the feast of our Blessed Mother Mary, Mother of God! Let us faithfully sit at her feet hoping that she could unfold further the fruits of that virtue in my life, and in our life. Enjoy this little token!
I wish you a Blessed Christmas Season. May our Lady intercedes ever more for each one of us, and with you, I welcome 2016!!!

Fanny Magnificat

No comments:

Post a Comment